If your website was a book, would it be a bestselling novel? Thinking of your website as a book can help you understand the importance of becoming an authoritative content author online. Being an authoritative author and offering clear, trusted information will cause your brand to thrive on Google, YouTube and social media.
What is Authoritative Content?
Authoritative content is content that is empowering, educational, helpful, insightful and full of meaningful perspective.
What sites with authoritative content have in common:
- The information has been thoroughly researched, better than other websites with similar content.
- The author is authentic, humble and passionate about the content.
- The content is completely original, written from a new angle that brings a different perspective to the reader.
- The content is very specific and well written. It’s empathetic and has broken complex information down so that a reader from any background can easily understand.
- Instead of being salesy, the content aims to educate and empower the reader, thereby establishing trust.
- Because stories are easier to understand and relate to, the content uses information in a compelling, storytelling way with the use of analogies and metaphors.
- The content includes visuals that help explain the information. Most people are visual learners – 80 percent remember what they see more easily than what they read or hear.
- The information is not bias and allows readers to form their own opinion.
- The content is easily shared and available in multiple formats such as website, video, audio or social media.
Your Guide to Creating Authoritative Content
The single most important business asset for your brand is your ability to produce authoritative content. If you can get others to recognize you as an expert, you’ll attract a larger following and audience, which will benefit your business for years to come.
Creating authoritative content involves an enormous amount of strategy, time and hard work just for one article. And there is no finish line. To sustain your success, you must continue to provide value to your audience – a daily and weekly ongoing process.
If you’re ready to get started creating authoritative content, download our comprehensive guide to creating authoritative content by submitting your contact information below.
Alternatively, if you need help creating authoritative content, please review our case studies or reach out to us to schedule a consultation.