* A Non-Paid Test Is Required To Be Considered For This Position *
Electric Lemonade is seeking talented freelance content writers to help craft compelling informational content pages for clients in the legal, professional services, non-profit, and health and wellness fields. The purpose of these content pages is to empower, inform, and educate readers about a given topic in a waythat answers a question or solves a problem. For example, if someone is seeking to file divorce, we could create an information guide about the process of getting divorced in his or her state.
The goal of these content pages is to establish trust rather than make a hard sell. We provide you with extensive information and reference material that may be sourced from various places online and offline to craft new original content that is 100% unique.
This is a fully remote contract role, paid by the page above industry standards.
What You’ll Do
- Distill and make sense of detailed research information about a given topic. Content topics may range from how to fight a traffic ticket in Missouri to the history of social justice in America.
- Craft pages of content for websites that present the researched information in a way that’s easier to understand, more useful, and more empowering than competitor pages.
- Ensure the content is 100% unique and original – nothing can be taken verbatim from the source material or from the web, and nothing can be simply regurgitated or rewritten.
- Conduct independent research on Google as needed to achieve your unique vision for the content. For example, you may want to search for the topic on Google and get a better understanding before writing a page.
- Understand each client’s editorial mission statement and adopt the appropriate voice and tone.
- Understand each client’s personas and craft content that answers their questions when searching online.
- Self-edit and proofread content before sending the page back to the editor for approval.
- Occasionally proofread submitted content from other writers.
- Occasionally contribute content like social media posts, email blasts
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or marketing.
- 3+ years of experience writing for an agency or in-house marketing department.
- Ability to adapt voice and tone per clients’ editorial mission statements.
- Exacting attention to detail and high standards for finished material.
- Passion for storytelling with heart, soul, and meaning.
- Self-direction, with the ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy.
- A working home office.
Nice to Haves
- A knowledge of the legal, professional services, hospitality, retail, and/or health and wellness fields.
- Background in content marketing and SEO.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, a link to your portfolio, and three relevant work samples. Include the answer to the following question in your cover letter: What separates good content from great content? Please also include your favorite quote.
A non-paid test is required to be considered for this position. We will supply you with an example project, and we will grade this test before further consideration.
A Note on Plagiarism
Plagiarism is not tolerated.
The content we produce is original and 100% unique. Since a majority of this content is published online, nothing can be similar, duplicated, or plagiarized in any way. Search engines like Google will not index any information that looks duplicated or similar in any form into their search index. In many cases, Google will also penalize and punish websites for duplicate content or copy, even if it is a small portion of the content.